- Designed for those needing just a bit bigger forge!
- Based on our reknowned Atlas forge, the Atlas Plus has a 60% larger chamber.
- A tradeoff of bigger chamber in exchange for slightly lower max temp.
- Unless you plan on making large Kukri or 3+ LB hammers, you would likely be happier with an Atlas Forge.
- Compared to the forges on eBay/Amazon, it gets hotter, the insulation will last longer, it wonít rust, and it only uses $1 propane per hour!
- Top that off with a swirling chamber, and we believe itís the ultimate bladesmithing forge.
- Itís so well engineered that multiple schools and even ABS Mastersmiths have been known to add them to their shops.
- The Atlas forge uses Kastolite 50-25 Plus cast refractory, cured and baked for 6 hours at 410įF.
- Ready to use right out of the box and it will last much longer than wool based forges.
- May include a small bag of Plistix 900F refractory.
- This can be mixed and painted on the inside chamber to improve efficiency and toughness of the chamber. NOT REQUIRED FOR USE!!!
- Itís more than hot enough to forge weld, but you need to use a fluxless method.
- Borax will damage the refractory.
- Weight: 24 lbs.
- Dimensions: 13" x 13" x 7"
- Stainless steel forge w/ adjustable sliding tool rest
- 0-20 PSI regulator w/hose connects to 20lb. propane tanks
- Atlas stainless steel 30k BTU burner
- 6 oz Plistix 900f (small bag of white powder)
Plistix 900f can be used to improve your forge chamber, but is not required. To apply,
- Spray the inside of your chamber with a mist of water
- Mix Plistix 900f with a small amount of water (I use a small blender)
- Coat the inside of your chamber (I use a spatula or brush)
Gas Forge Stand:
Visit the Plibrico website for more information about Plistix 900f