- White Lightning is a solution which has the ability, when mixed with equal parts of white vinegar, to produce chlorine dioxide.
- Chlorine dioxide is very aggressive in neutralizing bacteria, fungus and yeast, and has been proven to be highly effective in the treatment of White Line Disease, Thrush, Abscesses, Seedy Toe and Hoof Rot.
Instructions for use:
- Liquid White Lightning is activated by mixing it with equal parts of white vinegar.
- This step should be performed in paper or plastic cups, but NOT in metal as White Lightning is an oxidizer.
- White Lightning is aggressive for 8 hours once mixed with vinegar.
- After 8 hours it becomes inert.
- Never mix more than you are going to use at one time.
- A foot treatment consists of 2oz of White Lightning liquid, 2oz of white vinegar and enough water to cover halfway up the hoof wall.
- Remove shoes if possible and clean the hoof of dirt and debris.
- Insert the clean hoof in a heavy plastic bag or disposable vapor/soak boot containing the activated White Lightning solution and secure the top around the leg to prevent the escape of the gas produced by the activated White Lightning (vet wrap around the top of the soak boot works well).
- Stand your horse in the bag/boot for at least 40 to 45 minutes.
Do not mix any other product with White Lightning as this could cause an undesirable chemical reaction.
- White Lightning liquid may discolor hair or clothing.
- Repeat 2-3 times per week for the first 4 to 6 weeks.
- Then 1-2 times per week until the hoof has completely grown out.
- Treat once a month after the hoof has grown out to help keep White Line Disease away.